Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Toilet Paper Math Problem! (There was a typo...sorry...see Cottonelle)

BONUS QUESTION:

You are at Walmart and your parents ask you to go grab toilet paper.  They tell you to buy toilet paper that is under $30.  You go to the toilet paper aisle and are overwhelmed by the choices.  You narrow your choices to the below 3 brands that are on sale.  You want to get the best deal.  
You also start wishing you had paid more attention in math class!!!  :)  




What is the cost/sheet for each brand?  Which brand toilet paper is the best deal?

1.  Charmin Ultra Soft
18 rolls
352 2-ply sheets/roll
Price:  $19.46

2.  Quilted Northern Soft and Strong
36 rolls
242 2-ply sheets/roll
Price:  $23.00

3.  Cottonelle Ultra Comfort Care
48 rolls (there was a typo here...changed from 12 to 48...sorry)
176 2-ply sheets
$29.88

* prices as listed on amazon.com on Oct. 23, 2012 5:36 p.m.

7 comments:

  1. I'm the first to post a comment and probably to figure it out but I forgot it so I will redo the question and next time write it down. I used my calculator:) ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mr. Goh me and my family are having grilled cheese.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sam...I love grilled cheese! I had rice, stir-fried vegetables and steamed ground pork with shrimp. It was delicious...but not as good as your dinner, I'm sure!

    ReplyDelete
  4. thanks mr. goh i was doing it and i saw 12 than when i looked back i saw 48

    ReplyDelete
  5. Creepers...I made a mistake with the roll count with the Cottonelle. I hope you see this so you have the right answer. If not, I'll give you time to recalculate tomorrow morning. Congrats on being first!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Come on everyone! Join the toilet paper challenge! I just worked it out and now I know what to do the next time I need to buy toilet paper or paper towel. I think these companies intentionally make it hard to calculate so that you'll make your choice on brand, cutest mascot, packaging or best advertising. But, at the end of the day, in my home at least, comfort usually wins over price! Nobody wants uncomfortable toilet paper!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Excellent blog and very helpful information.

    ReplyDelete