Thursday, August 23, 2012

August 23 Chapel Reflections - Coach Dreyer - "Be Good"

I enjoyed our first chapel of the year this morning.  Thank you for your responses in your journal.  I have included an excerpt from each of you.  Please feel free to comment so that we can continue the discussion. 

The numbering of each reflection reflects the person who wrote it.

Mr. Goh
I try to put others before myself but over and over again, I am realizing that I am a sinful person who is selfishly looking out for ME.  What a reminder that I have a RESPONSIBILITY to God becuase He loves us!

1.  The part that stuck out was when Coach Dreyer said "Do your best in everything."

2.  Only Jesus can save us.

3.  I need to do better at trying my best whether it's chores or homework.

4.  I think that God is wonderful and loving.

5.  Dear God, I have done many things wrong...I got mad at my Mom because she forgot to tell me I couldn't eat sticky candy and my retainer fell out.

6.  I like it when I hear "Good job."  When I mess up, my sister makes fun of me and says "Good job x-lax."

9.  One thing that Coach Dreyer said was "Give Thanks."

10.  I do not have Jesus...I need Him to help me find Him in my soul.  Please God, if you could help me find you and let me know you better, it would mean a lot to me. 

11.  God's son, Jesus, paid himself for ALL of us so we could believe in Him...also that we could live forever with Him.

12.  Coach Dreyer talked about doing a good job and he told us when you do that you respect your parents and teachers.  That is something I need to work on.

13.  Dear God, sorry for the things I did and thank you for everything I need.  I know I have sin.  Sorry.  God I love you Jesus.  Say thank you for all things.

14.  Dear God, thank you for everything you have given me.  I pray for my Grandma because she is still very sad about her husband dying.  I pray for my other Grandpa because his gall bladder is infected.  I hope Mr. Goh isn't "depressed."  Just kidding.  Help me to focus in school and to do my very best.  Amen.

15.  I learned that if I do my best that it will make life easier.

16.  Mr. Dreyer said that if you do something responsibly, then you will have the confidence to try something else.  I have been told that if you what you are supposed to do, then your life will be easier.

17.  I think that doing a good job is a thing we all have to try.  If F is the best grade you can get, you shouldn't be sad.  It's just the way you are.  For example, the smartest person in the class can have some weaknesses and the not-so-smart person can have some weaknesses too.  But, they both have strengths.  Their goal is to improve their strengths and be smarter and honor God.

18.  I pray that I won't get frustrated with myself or Mr. Goh.

19.  When Coach Dreyer said that God gave everything for us, I felt very good and loved inside.

8 comments:

  1. i like what other people wrote-addison

    ReplyDelete
  2. me too-madi peters

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with what my dad said mr.Goh and I had another fun day today.Can't wait until tomorrow.
    This is Sam.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think everyone loves God and the blog is very helpful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree with eververone JT BOWMAN

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am writing a little late but I would like to say the blog is very helpful and I find it great that we can have a such a thing like our bible response journals to help us understand God like he is,almighty and powerful.

    ReplyDelete