Thursday, August 30, 2012

Chapel Summary and Reflection - Pastor Brandon

Jane's Chapel Summary:

In 1 Peter 1:8 it says "though you have not seen him, you love him; and even though you do not see him now, you believe him and are filled with an inexpressable  and glorious joy."  It says that although we have never seen Jesus, we have faith in him.  Just like the monkey under the box, we have faith that the monkey was there.  We can also put our faith in Jesus and trust him that he will guide us through our life and at the end, we will spend eternity with him in heaven forever.



Madison W's Response:

What 1 Peter 1:8 is saying is that even though you cannot see the Lord, you still believe in Him and love Him.  I know that Jesus is in my life and He is real because I can feel Him working in my heart.  When I ask for forgiveness because I have done something wrong, I feel forgived. 

Dear God, Thank you that we go to a Christian school and we are able to get a Christian education.  Forgive me for my recent sins.  I love you, even though I can't see you.
Amen.


Rachel's Response:

Something that I've been wondering is even though I'm a Christian, I still wonder if Jesus is real.  I know He's real and I have faith in Him, but sometimes I wonder.  We have a great Father in heaven that loves us.  Just because you can't see Him doesn't mean that you can't have faith in Him.

6 comments:

  1. Love all your responses!!!!!!!!!!!!! They tell almost everything that Pastor Brandon was talking about

    ReplyDelete
  2. i sooooooooo agree-addie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, since I'm one of them. :) I love chapel Thursdays!

      Delete
  3. ya they are good,I love both of them!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! You 5th graders are amazing! You must have an amazing teacher!:) love, mrs. Peters

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this baby panda picture! I'm looking forward to seeing some panda bears in China next month!

    ReplyDelete