Saturday, September 8, 2012

2 Chinese Orphanages



http://anorphanswish.org/


Hi 5th Grade,

Thank you for letting me share my memories of my visit to a Chinese orphanage during Bible class on Friday.  Even though it has been 6 or 7 years ago since my visit, the memories are still etched in my mind.  Above is a video of some of the kids at the orphanage.  I am so thankful of how the conditions for these children has improved.  Each class in my school in Hong Kong supports one of these children.  

As we discussed in class, I think we have a wonderful opportunity before us to make a difference.  I apologize for not being able to get the video to work in class. I was able to figure it out after school and we will hopefully have a chance to watch it on Monday.  

In the mean time I challenge you to also check out the below website; this is the organization that runs the orphanage that Emily's brother lives (not the same one that I visited above).  What an exciting time for her family and for our class.  

http://english.chinaconcern.org/

I also encourage you to pray this weekend that God would give us a clear direction as to how we can help.  I would really like for us to put something together as a class that Emily can take with her to China.  Can't wait to hear all your ideas on Monday!

Have a great weekend!


19 comments:

  1. What beautiful children and the perfect song to go with that video. It is very sad the number of orphanages in China that are housing so many beautiful children in need of a family. I think it is wonderful that you are sharing your personal experiences with the students and embracing our family's journey to bring our son & brother home. We are excited to see how Emily's class might decide to help. I pray the 5th graders will be inspired when you share the ICC Founding Story video with them and they hear the story of a young man who's heart was most obviously touched by God to make a difference in the lives of Chinese orphans. I hope you have time to share the ICC in HengYang video which is presented by Kyla, the director of the orphanage where our son Yang LiuMu, soon to be name Ian, has lived for the past 3 1/2 years. The second video will actually show the students how the orphanage is set up and give a little picture of how Ian lives every day. God Bless.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, That is quite touching.. I hope those kids get a good family.

    ReplyDelete
  3. hi Mr Goh this is michael I like the song and the children im pray for the children tonight I hpoe the kids have a good family

    ReplyDelete
  4. hi Mr goh I like the orphanage is realy cool and children i hope the children have a good family god bless the children who is emily`s brother what his name ???

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my gosh, thank you for making me cry Mr. Goh... :(

    ReplyDelete
  6. That really made me relize how blessed I am.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Did I spell papermint wrong?

    ReplyDelete
  8. today i felt terrible that i was not doing anything to help-madi.p

    ReplyDelete
  9. today i was so sad for them. We should help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I really feel like we should do something to help the orphans. It makes me so sad knowing that when I have lots of stuff there are some people my age that don't have anything.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Josh V.
    That is sad, I feel bleesed knowing that I have wonderful parents and a great teacher.

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is an opportunity of a lifetime 5th graders...not our lifetime...I know you will have MANY MANY opportunities to love others. That's why God has given you this opportunity to get the best education possible. But, it's an opportunity of a lifetime because the lives of these orphan children are, sadly, often so short. Let's make a difference today...this is urgent! Can't wait to hear your ideas tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  13. that just proves were all blessed cman

    ReplyDelete
  14. We are really blessed to be here in america and blessed with a wonderful school

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow that was a very cool video and all the children in that orphanage and they are all so beautiful kids!!!!!!!!!! And I hope that all of them will get a family someday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete